Posts Tagged ‘stress’
Seeing the title above, you are sure to ask, is there a relationship between stress and food? Of course there is, just imagine how much food and drink that you consume each day. If stress and diet have a pretty close relationship, then you should always control the intake of food and beverages. Then, is there any foods or drinks that can trigger stress? For more details, refer to some foods and beverages following stressors:
- simple carbohydrate food, such as: noodles, bread, etc.
- Foods that contain trans fats
- All types of prepared foods, both fast food and junk food.
- caffeine drinks
- Liquors and alcohol
Some foods and drinks has been shown to trigger the stress, so you should avoid it. Now you already know that stress and diet is associated not? However, you do not get too worried if you are already experiencing stress, because there are a lot of foods and drinks that can help you relieve stress.
Here are foods and beverages that are proven to relieve stress:
- Foods that contain vitamin B, such as: Avocados, bananas, tuna, salmon, sardines, milk, yogurt, and others.
- Foods that contain omega-3, for example: strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, guava, lemon oil (with skin), beans, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, broccoli, and others.
- Foods that contain folic acid, such as: spinach, oatmeal, oranges, asparagus, etc.
- Foods that contain magnesium, for example: almonds, spinach, tofu, and others.
- Foods containing vitamin C, such as oranges, kiwi, guava, strawberry, and others.
Food and Beverage Stress Triggers
Foods high in salt and fat are foods trigger stress. The reason is because these foods stimulate the hormone production of stress hormones kartisol. The hormone will inhibit the action of serotonin, which affects mood role or mood, due to its calming and controlling anxiety. Fast food like nuggets, meatballs, sausage or processed canned foods are foods that can trigger stress because these foods contain a lot of salt and fat. Besides the food, beverage options selected can also cause stress. Reduce drinking alcoholic beverages so as not to trigger your stress.
Food and Drinks Stress Relief
The content of vitamin B, omega-3, folic acid, magnesium and vitamin C can make a food classified as food stress reliever. Choose foods that contain antioxidants that will help launch a memory function.
Avocados, bananas, tuna, salmon, sardines, milk, and yogurt contains vitamin B. At the time of meals, choose foods with protein, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates. After learning food relieving stress, it is also necessary to know the drink that can reduce stress. Eat quietly, slowly, while mnegucapkan dinkmati thank you, you are still able to obtain healthy food. Thus, the food will help you gain peace of mind.